But when a young lady is to become a heroine, the perverseness of forty surrounding families cannot prevent her. Something must and will happen to throw a hero in her way.

Jane Austen


Friday, August 5, 2011

Follow Friday {one}




RULES
To join the fun and make new book blogger friends, just follow these simple rules:
  1. (Required) Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Hosts {Parajunkee & Alison Can Read}
  2. (Required) Follow our Featured Bloggers - Hands & Home & www.memyshelfandi.com
  3. Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing. You can also grab the code if you would like to insert it into your posts.
  4. Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say "hi" in your comments and that they are now following you.
  5. Follow Follow Follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don't just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don't say "HI"
  6. If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love...and the followers
  7. If you're new to the follow friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!

Q. Talk about the book that most changed or influenced your life (was it a book that turned you from an average to avid reader, did it help you deal with a particularly difficult situation, does it bring you comfort every time you read it?).

The very first romance book I had ever read is the book that has changed my life the most and helped me through my divorce and becoming a single mom. It was Lynn Kurland's With Every Breath. I was in a not so fun and unhappy place and my mother, who had tried for years to get me to read, shoved this book into my hands and pretty much forced me to read it. And since then I have become what my friends call the "crazy book lady". It may sound a little weird but I don't know where I'd be with out my books. I'm not much of a writer but I'm even giving it a shot and writing my own book.

Be sure to check out the other participants on the Follow Friday by using the linky tool below! Want to join in on the fun? Click the Follow Friday image then and join us! The more the merrier!

2 comments:

  1. Glad to have found you via the Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! Happy weekend. :D

    I'm glad you found the book to help you. It's always nice when you have those. I was helped a lot during my childhood by Harry Potter, and since it was the series that really got me to read, it wasn't a hard choice.

    My answer can be found here!

    ReplyDelete